Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Dear Post Graduate student
Our Veterinary Science subject guide aims to provide tools to ease and simplify the processes of being a Post Graduate student, doing research and publishing your research.
For a more encompassing guide on tools and tips to complete your research, also visit the Dept of Library Services' detailed Research support page at: https://up-za.libguides.com/c.php?g=485435
Please contact your Information Specialist to gain information about the following:
- Access to a vast number of scientific databases, e-journals, e-books and other printed, electronic or digitised information resources
- Access to all recommended textbooks if commercially available, in collaboration with lecturers
- Group and individual training sessions in information literacy skills
- Information literature searches or information on your research topic
- Advice on the availability and accessibility of information resources
- Advice on the application of reference techniques, plagiarism and copyright
- Advice on the research process, evaluating journals and where to publish
- Advice on information organization and indexing
Susan Marsh: Companion Animal Clinical Studies, Veterinary Anatomy and Physiology, Production Animal Studies, Equine Research Centre, OP Veterinary Genetics Laboratory, Exotic Leather Research Centre.
Tertia Coetsee: Paraclinical Sciences, Veterinary Tropical Diseases, Centre for Veterinary Wildlife Studies, Onderstepoort Veterinary Animal Research Unit.
Post Graduate Student Support: General information